I think it is time to post again.
Last Wednesday I hit and killed a deer. And I posted about it. Most of you actually thought that I was saddened by the death of the deer, but I was not. I was more saddened by what the deer did to me. To my new shiny car. I got the damage estimated at $4319.39.
And more than the damage done, I was wondering why did it happen. A good friend gave me a scripture, and that didn’t help any. All I can say is that it is done, and I can’t worry about why it happened. Questioning why isn’t going to change anything.
Also driving back from getting my car in the first place, down in Santa Ana, I noticed it over-heating. It had no coolant. So on Friday, the mechanic told me that I had no external leaks. I thought that was what happened, since there was a recall on some of the parts of the car, cooling system specific. He told me that I had a head gasket problem, and they needed to be replaced.
Added to the stress of being slightly understaffed at work last week was:
- Arranging the time to go to the mechanic’s forty minutes away.
- Hitting a deer on my way to the mechanic’s and spending my time wandering around and checking out my car to see if it was drivable.
- Rescheduling the mechanic’s
- Filing a report with my insurance
- Adding my car to my insurance
- Having the insurance company say that the car is not on my insurance.
- Taking time off work and going to the mechanic’s
- Him taking a little long than expected…
- Him telling me that my headgaskets needed to be replaced.
Yeah. Lots of fun.
But for the good news…
- Headgasket replacement was free.
- The deer is dead.
- I get my car tomorrow