I’m alive!

Day 1 Friday – 2:30pm

Wow. Crazy day(s). I have been up for 12 hours already today. I got 4 hours of sleep and woke up at three, stayed up to the equivalent of midnight. I was woke up five hours later at 2 in the morning. I think that ads up to something like 9 hours of sleep in over 48 hours.

The trip was good. The drive was fun, a “warm=up” sit in preparation of the longer one. We parked the car at some random lot and left the keys with the attendant.

We wandered around LAX for quite a while and just played around. Hopped on a plane and sat for another 8 hours. It’s great, people bring you food, there is TV to watch, the person in front of you wants their head in your lap… All fun stuff of flying internationally. I watched the Little Mermaid (in French) and missed Lindsey.

We landed in Tahiti and Jordan almost got sent right back out. After some prayer and some stressing, we got it all worked out. We wondered around the airport a little, and found a place to sleep. Yes, you heard me right, we did sleep in a foreign airport. It wasn’t that bad, besides the other planes arriving, the impromptu concert, and the cigarette smoke.

I woke up when Jordan’s alarm went off at 5 – if it was in california. it was the loudest think at 2 in the morning. I couldn’t go back to sleep after that.

I did a lot of waiting. Waiting for 5 to come, waiting for 5:40 to come. It was all great 🙂 (sarcasm).

We almost died when we tried to land on a different island on the way to Bora Bora.

Bora Bora is amazing – Not only do I get to see and hangout with people I really like, it is an amazing place. Earlier I was in some flats close to barrier reef, and I could look back towards the center of the island, and I could swear I was on Lost.

It is super windy right now, so swimming isn’t all that fun. The visiablity is down to like 5 inches. Not all that fun to snokel in. But this trip is and will be the trip of my life time.

I’ll talk to you guys next time I have a chance.

Leave a Reply